Filberg’s ApplePress Party
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017
10am – 2pm
FREE, Family Event
The Filberg ApplePress Party is our annual fall fundraiser featuring the Pressing Matter Mobile Juicer. The press juices fresh local apples and pears that have been locally donated and others that were picked right here in Filberg Park. Juice is then pressed and available for sale at the event.
The apple press may be the main attraction but it is not all this event has to offer. Keeping with the theme of harvesting in your own backyard, there are many local resources on hand offering insights and tips into managing your home garden and fruit trees along with inspiration for preparing and preserving your harvest at home.
Visitors to the Park may come for the fresh juice but end up staying for the live music, free kids activities, gourmet food, baking and snacks and an impressive community of knowledgable home harvesters. All of this and more set on the stunning, waterfront of Filberg Park.
Admission is Free
Cash Sales Only | No ATM on Site
Please Leave Your Dogs At Home
Water refilling station provided by Water Pure & Simple.
If you would like to donate your surplus apples or pears to our annual Filberg ApplePress Party fundraiser in support of the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park Association, please call 250-703-3572 to organize a drop off time. All apple donations must be received by Friday September 22nd, 2017.
Donated apples will be pressed into fresh juice and available for sale by the box, while quantities last.
Need help picking your fruit? Lush Valley Food Action Society’s Fruit Tree Program can help. Leave a message at: 250-331-0152 or visit them online for details: http://www.lushvalley.org/fruit-tree-program.html
2017 Participants and Activities:
- Pressing Matter Mobile Juicer
- Pickled Carrot Food Truck – seasonal menu items and Royston Roasting Coffee.
- Fiddlejam and the Funtime Fiddlers – live music
- The Shed Tool Library and Makerspace Co-op
- The Comox Valley Growers & Seed Savers
- WildSafeBC – “Keeping Wildlife Wild and Communities Safe”
- Lush Valley Food Action Society – Fruit Tree Program and Share the Harvest Community Garden
- Master Gardeners – any gardening questions?
- Lawn to Food’s Lynda Smith bringing vegetable gardening knowledge and many examples of how to preserve the harvest. Salsa, relishes, freshly baked breads & soft pretzels for sale.
- All-Harvest Bake Sale Fundraiser
- Dried Flower Bouquets for sale from the Filberg Cutting Garden
- Popcorn Stand
- The Fairy Door Trail – pick up your map at the kids area and explore the hidden corners of Filberg Park
- Comox Valley Regional District’s Gayle Bates educating on backyard composting and the
- Organics Composting ProgramMARS Wildlife Rescue Centre bringing one of their Ambassador birds
- AND MORE…
Visit our FaceBook Event to check out further details. #filbergapplepressparty #fibergpark
All funds raised from this event go towards maintaining and restoring the Heritage Lodge and outbuildings in the Park. Learn more about the FHLPA.
Thank you to our 2017 supporters: