This holiday season as an additional fundraiser for the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park Association (FHLPA), the Volunteers of the Liz Stubbs Cutting Garden will be creating and selling festive holiday wreaths and swags. In order to fulfill all the orders being taken during the Christmas at the Lodge & Holiday Market event, they are looking for additional materials for crafting these works of art. Here is a list of common yard foliage you may have in abundance to donate to this initiative:
- Conifer/evergreen branches – not less than 8″ or more than 4′ in length (includes cedar regular and yellow. spruce, fir etc. )
- Evergreen shrubs – not less than 6″ or more than 4′ in length (includes magnolia, escalonia, holly plain and variegated, boxwood, skimmia, camelia, etc.)
- Herbs – lavender, rosemary, curry, artemisia
- Vines – clematis, silver lace, ivy
- Cones – suitable for placement on wreaths or swags
- Evergreen ferns, hellebore leaves
- Wild Huckleberry
If you have any of these materials to spare, any amount would be very useful to the FHLPA. Donated greenery is best carefully bagged or placed in a box. It can be delivered to Filberg Park (61 Filberg Road) and left inside the front porch area (near the back) of the Filberg Lodge.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.